By J. Wilkes
Read or Download A Fractured Landscape of Modernity: Culture and Conflict in the Isle of Purbeck (Language, Discourse, Society) PDF
Similar british & irish poetry books
Defying severe feedback that the pastoral elegy is out of date, Iain Twiddy finds the recognition of the shape within the paintings of significant modern poets Seamus Heaney, Ted Hughes and Paul Muldoon, Michael Longley, Douglas Dunn and Peter interpreting. As Twiddy outlines the improvement of the shape, he identifies its features and capabilities.
The ebook of Invasions - Lebor Gabála Ýrenn - is a compilation of manuscripts describing the very particular discovery of eire ('on the 15th, on a Saturday') following the construction and the Flood. The Pop-Up e-book of Invasions is Fiona Farrell's poetic reaction to a six-month remain in eire as inaugural recipient of the Rathcoola Residency in County Cork.
Within the Radio Room, Poet Laureate Cilla McQueen travels house and time, throwing 'thought-lines' from her present-day nook of the realm to the traditional Celtic islands of her ancestors ('On a cliff-top above screeching gulls I stand nonetheless considering backwards, antipodean poet grafted from historical taproot during this bedrock' .
Probing spatial questions on God posed via Piers Plowman, the writer of this interdisciplinary examine turns to pictorial evidence-the use of non secular area and relationships inside of such house in English paintings of an identical interval. where of God in Piers Plowman and Medieval paintings isn't just a research of the feel of God and of the connection among God and creatures within the nice spiritual poem, but in addition an research of artwork works of the excessive heart a long time, specially English manuscript illuminations, of their placement of God.
- Elizabeth Major: Printed Writings 1641–1700: Series II, Part Two, Volume 6 (The Early Modern Englishwoman: A Facsimile Library of Essential Works â€“ Printed ... Writings, 1641â€“1700: Series II, Part Two)
- The Poems of Shelley: Volume Four: 1820-1821: 4 (Longman Annotated English Poets)
- Eighteenth-Century Poetry and the Rise of the Novel Reconsidered (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650–1850)
- James Joyce's 'Work in Progress': Pre-Book Publications of Finnegans Wake Fragments (Studies in Publishing History: Manuscript, Print, Digital)
- Literature of the Highlands
Extra resources for A Fractured Landscape of Modernity: Culture and Conflict in the Isle of Purbeck (Language, Discourse, Society)
A Fractured Landscape of Modernity: Culture and Conflict in the Isle of Purbeck (Language, Discourse, Society) by J. Wilkes