By Chin-Yuan Lin
This quantity is on initial-boundary worth difficulties for parabolic partial differential equations of moment order. It rewrites the issues as summary Cauchy difficulties or evolution equations, after which solves them by way of the means of simple distinction equations. due to this, the quantity assumes much less historical past and gives a simple method for readers to understand.
- Existence Theorems for Cauchy Problems
- Existence Theorems for Evolution Equations (I)
- Linear self sustaining Parabolic Equations
- Nonlinear independent Parabolic Equations
- Linear Non-autonomous Parabolic Equations
- Nonlinear Non-autonomous Parabolic Equations (I)
- The linked Elliptic Equations
- Existence Theorems for Evolution Equations (II)
- Nonlinear Non-autonomous Parabolic Equations (II)
Readership: Mathematical graduate scholars and researchers within the region of research and Differential Equations. it's also solid for engineering graduate scholars and researchers who're attracted to parabolic partial differential equations.
- The booklet assumes much less history, offers a simple procedure, and establishes solid results
- It includes contemporary fabrics which are fascinating to graduate scholars and researchers
Read Online or Download An Exponential Function Approach to Parabolic Equations (Series on Concrete and Applicable Mathematics) PDF
Similar differential equations books
The 3rd of 3 volumes on partial differential equations, this can be dedicated to nonlinear PDE. It treats a few equations of classical continuum mechanics, together with relativistic models, in addition to quite a few equations coming up in differential geometry, equivalent to within the learn of minimum surfaces, isometric imbedding, conformal deformation, harmonic maps, and prescribed Gauss curvature.
Lately, the Fourier research tools have expereinced a starting to be curiosity within the research of partial differential equations. particularly, these innovations in line with the Littlewood-Paley decomposition have proved to be very effective for the examine of evolution equations. the current publication goals at offering self-contained, kingdom- of- the- paintings types of these suggestions with functions to varied sessions of partial differential equations: delivery, warmth, wave and Schrödinger equations.
Stochastic Differential Equations and Diffusion approaches
This quantity surveys the spectral homes of the spin Dirac operator. After a quick creation to spin geometry, it provides the most recognized estimates for Dirac eigenvalues on compact manifolds without or with boundaries.
- Ordinary Differential Equations with Applications: 34 (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- Partial Differential Equations IV: Microlocal Analysis and Hyperbolic Equations (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
- Geometry and Topology of Manifolds: 10th China-Japan Conference 2014 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Applied Differential Equations: The Primary Course (Textbooks in Mathematics)
Extra resources for An Exponential Function Approach to Parabolic Equations (Series on Concrete and Applicable Mathematics)
An Exponential Function Approach to Parabolic Equations (Series on Concrete and Applicable Mathematics) by Chin-Yuan Lin